<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Goodbye Kyoto & Hello Himeji/ Kobe

Friday, May 13, 2005

Goodbye Kyoto & Hello Himeji/ Kobe



After two days in Kyoto, it's hard to believe that I will be leaving this beautiful place, where there are so many to see yet little time to do so. I will definitely go back there one day.

In the morning, I managed to go to Ginkakuji and Sanjyusangendo for a short excursion. Ginkakuji has a nice zen garden with a laid back hill. It's breathtakingly beautiful. As for Sanjyusangendo, the hidden secret in the aged wooden temple is that behind the closed windows, housed 1,001 unit statues of the Kuan Yin deities. It is a well-kept nation heritage.


Himeji castle from the front

Next stop is Himeji, and it will take around 2-3 hours time to reach there. Himeji is located in Hyogo and at its further west. I am particularly attracted to it as it is the world heritage and it's one of the biggest original castle in Japan. Plus, it was once staged the cinema "The Last Samurai". It's really beautiful. From afar, the castle was stood on top of the hill majestically, with parks laying before my eyes. I am so proud to be here!

I am more delighted to know that the castle is kept as its original state after so many years. My heart was filled with awe and surprised with its previous glory, that my tears stremed down my cheeks. It's such beautiful sight.

How I wish I could be there earlier so I could get a personalised guided tour.

Running late to meet my Kobe friend, Hitoshi. I am supposed to meet with Hitoshi at Shin Kobe station for a baseball game. I arrived at Shin Kobe at 6:15 pm and we were running late. Wow, didn't know that Hitoshi is so handsome. Hee hee~


Osaka Oriks vs Hiroshima Kap at Kobe Stadium

Anyway, we went to the watch baseball match between Kobe Oriks and hiroshima Kap at Kobe stadium near his place. Though I don't know anything about the game, but at least I feel the excitement of the crowd. It was fun. During half time, we have to leave the place for the famed Kobe beef dinner. Yum~

The restaurant was located underground. I realised lot of shops are underground as there are limited space for retail. Anyway, in the shop, I met up with HItoshi's friend from university, Noriko. She's nice. Then, both of them show me around at Meriken park and Mosaic, an upbeat youngsters' place.

The funny thing happened was that we have totally forgotten to check in the guesthouse and I have to put a night at Hitoshi's place. It was uncomfortable for Hitoshi, I guess. So sorry for that. His home is a cosy typical home where I saw on TV soap drama. Yup, nice Japanese home. For Malaysian standard, it is a detached home with own private garden in the house. Lovely!

Hitoshi bought me presents, a foam bath and a special dessert in a tube. Will try it at home soon. It's so thoughtful of him. I only got him canned fruits and mango. Thankfully, he likes it.

I am so overwhelmed with the hospitality of Hitoshi and his family, also his friend in receiving me there in Kobe. At least I feel warm and welcome into the new land in Japan. Well, makes me look forward to my journey to the my next adventure. Have to get some rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home