<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Osaka: Japan's Commercial District

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Osaka: Japan's Commercial District

Sleeping soundly the whole night makes me a happier person. It's nice to know that Hitoshi is so nice to be a hospitable host.

Breakfast with Mrs Kawano and Noriko was very enjoyable. We shared so many cultural differences and some lifestyle habits with our bread and tea. I realised from Noriko's conversation the drivers for both manual and auto has to undergo examination. That's something new to me. I think it's partly due for its safety for road users. Maybe Malaysia should also take this as a consideration?

Noriko and I walked to the subway station and we went on our separate ways as I was heading to Osaka today, one of the busiest district in Japan.

Osaka is well known for its hustle and bustle city life as well as the loud and merry people. Would definitely looking forward to see some activities there since I am putting a night at Yamatoya Honten, which is closed to Dotombori river (famous for snacks).

It's funny that while I was trolling my big and heavy luggage, I saw this poster of "cecelia-chung-look-alike poster" at a shop selling sex service. Unbelievable!

As the day is still young, I went on to Shinseikai for a taste of the Osaka cuisine. There, I met up with two young fellows from Kobe at this famous shop listed in my guidebook. Everyone was in line for dinner, so I guess large crowd means good food, so I went along. The shop is 八重勝, famous for its deep fried items. It is awefully delicious. I have got a help from these two new friends for ordering. It was an enjoyable treat from both of them.

After the sumptous dinner, we went for a stroll along Shinseikai and had took some photos in front of the famed Tsutengaku tower. We then departed, and I went on to Umeda for a ride on the big ferris wheel. I could really see Osaka castle in the modern setting from the top of the ferris wheel. It was cool. As around 10 pm, I was on my way to Dotombori for a night walk before heading back to my Japanese-style hotel with hot water bath. At Dotombori, I got myself at Ootako, a famous store for friend squid balls at around 11pm till it closes at 12 am. From there, I got myself CD singles too, not to mention some nice strawberries from a Chinese lady.

Better head back to hotel, as the weather was getting freezingly cold. I love this hotel, as it is so closed to everything. Frankly, this hotel stay could be the best I could afford for this trip. Better make full use of it, especially for hot bath and some Kansai TV programme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home