<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Happy Birthday to Me...

Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me...

It's the day again. The day I was born - 4th January.

It's time for celebration again.

I know it's a bit too soon, especially just few days from new year 2006 and christmas, but hey, it's my birthday, an occassion for celebration.

This year, I have received the most number of wishes, either by mail, sms or even calls. I am glad to know that the more you aged, the more messeges. Odd isn't it? Well, I find this rather interesting. As you know being an early starter of the year, it's always being forgotten. I used to remember my birthday falls on the exact day school commences or just a day or two before that. That was I have experienced. I just yearn that it will change starting this year, after quarter of the century of my life had passed.

A day prior to my real big day, I went out for dinner with my dear friend from high school, Tow Guan. He's such a sweet chap. Thanks for the dinner, pal.

On the day of my birthday, usual routine, celebrate with my loving family. We went to a Malaysian Portugese restaurant along Asian Heritage Row, Jalan Doraisamy, opposite to Sheraton Imperial KL. The food was delicious. I was actually expected something more "Portugese", but to no avail. Maybe should try it somewhere else.

On the the 5th January, you will think the music has quieted down, and the party was over. Well, not quite. So fortunate that it was Jasmine's (my pretty colleague) birthday. We celebrated our birthday bash at TGI Frday's One-Utama with our wacky colleagues. It was pure fun and lots of laughs. And, thanks for the lovely present you guys got for me and Jasmine. It is really lovely and sweet.

To share the birthday spirit too, my just-turned-father-a-year-ago colleague, Lucas also put on a one-year old party for her little cute princess. It was a rainy night and the event was held at Lian Bee's Cafe at Bukit Raja, Klang. Chen, always the supportive sport, was there too. After that, we went to Lucas' hut for a drink of the pricey red wine. yum~

Since this year I didn't celebrate the occassion with my SMART gang, so, I thought maybe Steve's house warming party could do the trick for a get together. And it really did. They had cake (not for me, but for the house... oh, what the heck. Hahaha.) It was great to see familiar faces again, eating sumptious meal (nasi tomato, rendang chicken, spicy chicken, curry chicken, salad-"why so many different chicken dishes?"), chatting and dancing till 2am (I wonder if he should invite the neighbours to join the fun, at least to save the complaints, hahaha), and of course, not forgetting the generous alcohol servings you will always get at Steve's place. It was a night to remember.

It was a very delightful birthday celebration, well, sort of if you minus off Steve's housewarming party. I have enjoyed myself very much, laughing and smiling, just like old times. Geez, am I getting older or what?

Happy Birthday to myself. May the new year also be a better year ahead for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Was swamped with new things to learn... although work itself i'm not that busy yet... But the change in line makes me need to catch with the rest or get left behind.

Again, Happy belated birthday!! And all the best for you this year in 2006.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home