<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Balik Kampung...traffic jam

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Balik Kampung...traffic jam

Being a city girl of PJ, balik kampung (going back hometown) would only mean an affair to my parent's home during this joyous festive season.

I am glad I could join the throng of happy families going to a remote place, always refer to kampung. Though hated very much of the long-queue bumper-to-bumper traffic, I still love to travel back home to meet my fun and loving aunts and uncles.

Heading back to Karak or Raub Pahang usually took us around one and half hours from KL. This time round, it took us about four hours to arrive. Never before this place to the west would be so long, not even in the previous chinese new year. Something have to do with the POLICE, I reckon.

True enough, an intersection to Bentong was closed, and everyone was rerouted to the next intersection around 1km from the closed one. Arrrgh! We have to stuck in the traffic for like an hour, especially from a three-lane bottle neck to the one-lane trunk road. This is madness.

With this Ops Sikap X report on TV, with more policemen on the road, the more accidents it become. How could this be? Something must have gone wrong. I think we should cut down this officers for goodness sake: more smooth-flowing traffic, more police officers can go back home, less accident rate, can reach home soon, etc.

Thinking on a positive note, I am glad I am not going up north to Ipoh nor Penang (two chinese populated states) for the festive season or I will end up stuck in the traffic madness for at least 6 hours.

Balik kampung, a yearly affair for police to make more angpow money than I do, a yearly event for families to reunite and rekinder, a yearly thingy for old friends to gather, a yearly event for so many things in mind.

Just hope that it is safe for everyone who travels on the road to see your loved ones. Safety first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home