<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Recollection of memories

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Recollection of memories

I was visiting my teacher, Lin Lao Shi (mdm Lim), on 12th January in Klang. The last I visited her was last year when delivering her favourite pineapple from my aunt's orchard.

This time round, I went along with another teacher, Mdm Lee, whom is a colleague of Mdm Lim.
The last time I spoken to Mdm Lim was in mid-December. From her voice, I could sense sorrow and sadness. So, I took the opportunity to pay her visit, well, sort of like a new year visit.

Being inquisitive, I inquired from Mdm Lee on the latest happenings with Mdm Lim and she told me loads of it. At least it explained why she was so down the other time through our brief telephone conversation.

I was told by Mdm Lee that Mdm Lim has been facing lots of unhappy events recently. Her husband was down with mild stroke, but fortunately recovering gradually; her grand children was diagnosed with cancer and passed on. I understand her sadness.

I am glad that Mdm Lim is in her old self again.

Mdm Lee, being an optimist, invited over her former classmate by name Lee also, who is residing not far from Mdm Lim's, to exchange gossips and news about their mutual friends.

Throughout the conversation of this friendship of more than half a century, I noticed how their friendship bloomed through time, thick and thin, and I find it unbelievable. Such strong bond within them. How I wish I could be like them when I am aged. Lots of laughter and reminisces exchanged.

Sitting at the corner, I was observing their expression and the thoughts being exchanged. It really made me ponder. News of friends demise and passed on, or contracted with ageing illness, grand children minding, and travelling to new places and recollection of fun time shared when they were younger. Great adventures like taking a bus and train ride all the way from KL to Singapore just to catch a movie (I was told that movie screened during the pre-TV time could be banned anytime if the government felt it is unfit for viewing. Also, movie is not form of entertainment but of intellectual stimulation/ eductional purpose - I was really impressed).

Well, I am glad that I have brought along my teachers and reunited them, even though for a short time. I am feel priviledged to know that my teachers are in good state of health. I truly hope they will continue to bring smiles and laughter to my life too everytime I have the time to pay them a visit. May they always be well and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home