<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Korean High Speed Network

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Korean High Speed Network

I am so surprised when I went shopping in Korea using my credit card. Everything is so damn fast! I am sure fellow Malaysians who have experienced a wait-in-line for the credit card machine to churn out the piece of receipt. 2 minutes to 5 minutes wait then the machine slowly "tuuuutuuuuu" out the the receipt for customers to sign on it. But, the scenario is different in Korea. It is almost in instand speed - within 1 minute. For a foreign card like mine. And I only need to sign on the small writing electronic pad. Instant record!

A second observation I have found is that the internet line speed there. In normal broadband speed here in Malaysia is 100 mbps (that's for the leaseline), but Korea normal internet line is already 100x faster than y0u have found here in Malaysia. a 1-hour movie download takes only 15 minutes (here, you need at least half a day to do it).

I was really amazed!

Perhaps government might want to look at upgrading the network infrastructure in the country for a change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home