<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Trip to Guangju, Korea

Friday, September 07, 2007

Trip to Guangju, Korea

It has been a rainy affair as I have mentioned in my previous post. And by far, the most enjoyable and fulfilling trip on the west of Korea is at Guangju.

My friend, Ian, was a very good host to me and my brother during the trip there. We had delicious dinners at his aunt's house just five minute away, and a roof-top view at his grandmother's home. Cosy I must say, but truly, I am grateful. This dear friend of mine was willing to take his time off from his medical class to accompany us to Damyang, the bamboo city.

We were even introduced the May 18 movement, a famous incident happened in Guangju. What make this incident more memorable to a guest like me was that we have visited many places in relations to the incident, and complete the whole journey with a recently released movie "Splendid Holiday" in Korean. Very insightful.

It's a good trip to go, and furthermore, I could introduce this nice friend to you too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I saw your pictures and read your reviews. I'm a girl who lives in Gwangju, Korea where you visited 2 years ago. It's a nice thing that a lot of people are interested in Gwangju and its movement on May 18. Just I would like to mention the spelling "Guangju". I think it should be corrected. It's "Gwangju". I'd appreciate.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home