<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Bicycle

Monday, November 14, 2005

Bicycle


I remembered asking my dad a bike of my own when I was younger. I didn't get one. I was largely disppointed by it.

Grewing up in a small sub-urb, and living most of my life in a walk-up flat, I didn't get to use the bicycle. It's inconvenient, looking at the storage issue that I have to deal with, if I were to have a bicycle at my home.

I started to learn my cycling lesson with a friend from school during my high school years. Yes, I must admit I am a late boomer in terms of what you would consider a simple task in life when it comes to cycling. The lesson didn't go well. I was fall into a big drain during my first lesson and I gave up ever since then.

Was I afraid? Well, I was most pissed off at my friend's stunned face when he saw me in the drain with his bicycyle. I think he was in a shock at that point of time. I don't blame him. But, hey, you will get bruises when you started to learn anything. It's part of the package. Crudely, I have decided to stop this menace once and for all.

Ironically, all my brothers are good in cycling. They just have the talent for it when they started riding on their friends' bicycle or even my aunt's during our visit in Pahang. I felt so ashamed.

Maybe there is a time where I could pick up where I have left behind. It's time to heal the pain from my fall during that drain incident. Afterall, cycling with the breeze brushing my face is a wonderful idea.

Private instructor, anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...to lots of people...bicycle is like part of childhood memory...ye i am lucky that i had the chance to learn it since i was 7 years old..since was brought up in a Kampung area... then i had lot of sweet n sour experience during the cycling journey to school.... is deep in my heart...

anyway...when i ride again on a bicycle last week in HK launtau island.... i felt my childhood...
really the feeling is like so free is thousands times greater than driving a car....

private instructor?
get me a bike...a big field... and a good meal...

hahhhah!!!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home