<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Overtake by signalling please?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Overtake by signalling please?



I wonder what Malaysian drivers have in common when it comes to overtake. I think the most accurate answer would be the courtesy to put on a signal light.

Many accidents occured on the road are due to recklessness of the driver, and the lack of courtesy to let others go first, which mainly due to the fact that not a single signal given when crossing the path of others, overtaking I mean. I think this is rude and careless.

I have encountered a number of drivers who overtake whenever and wherever they feel like it; without giving a warning to signal. Putting on the signal light means a word of caution to other drivers that he or she is going to overtake or cross over to the other lane. I think this is more appropriate than by just coming out from nowhere into the lane where a driver might just speed ahead without warning to slow down or even stop. It could lead to fatal accidents if it is not handled with careful thoughts.

I have nothing against any of you overtaking or even crossing one's path at any given moment. But please heed my plea just a little: Put on your signal light when you want to overtake PLEASE?

1 Comments:

Blogger Asako Inzen said...

Yeah... Had problems with people who simply do not put up signal when overtaking or entering the lane you're in. Most Malaysians do give way to people to enter the line if they have the decency to give a signal. It's more prevalent only in Selangor / KL though. In other parts of Malaysia, giving signals is a sign for the person in that lane to speed up so that you wont cut their queue. Go figure. :P

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home