<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Tokyo Night

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tokyo Night

Courtesy from Kok Wah in Tokyo

I was wondering what it is like to revisit Tokyo, especially from a close range to Tokyo Tower, a favourite landmark that marks the cosmopolitan of Japan. I bet it will be something like this if I am not mistaken.

I was in Tokyo May last year. The night was bright, bright with skylight from the skyscrapers surrounding this cold and warm city at the same time. I do not remember what memory I have had of Tokyo except for the cold weather filled with pollen due to its spring season; yet no one except for the landlord had given me a warm welcome to her inn in Shinjuku.

That was what I have in mind of Tokyo, such cold and uninviting.

Despite this, I still enjoy walking around in the night, on Tokyo street, where the hustle and bustle could be found. Food outlets getting filled with people after work, like hot air balloon filled with instant helium; street baskers playing their latest tune; entertainment outlets and red zone peddlers honking the street like no one's business. Quite a remarkable scenes to see at night of this beautiful yet solemn Tokyo that I have in mind.

Tokyo, such modernity that I do not comprehend. Yet, so marvellously its economy has grown to its current state. How I wish the city will never sleeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home