<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: What I Hate About AirAsia

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What I Hate About AirAsia

Last week, for some reason due from my brother, I had to cancel my one-way departure to Bali and booked him the next flight out.

I called +603-21719333 (sales inquiry of AirAsia customer "care"line) and spoke to the sales personnel a day before the departure. I was told that I could still change time with a small fee if I were to change my flight 48 hours before, which is obviously I could not, that's why I called.

So, I asked her "since I know that I am not going onboard this flight, can I get my refund back on the airport tax (RM25), fuel charge (RM75) and meal (RM6) (I have pre-booked to save RM1, and now instead I had to pay RM6 for not being able to enjoy it even on the trip back, what a waste of money! Moral of the story: NEVER BUY AIRASIA MEAL ONLINE!)?" I know for admin charge, I could not take back, which I am fine with it.

Then, the lady told me, if I were to cancel before the departure, I would have to pay RM80 for cancellation. I said "WHAT!!!!". Then, she told me that if I call again to ask for refund after the trip, there will only be RM10 charge. It's a weird arrangement even though I already know that I am not going to take the flight. But, I am still a losing customer in the end.

Talking about the meal, I cannot even enjoy the meal on my way back also because the stupid system a year ago put my preference as the departure from KL (there was NOT EVEN A CHOICE TO CHOOSE whether you want to meal-to-go from KL or from Bali, STUPID system!). And I have to pay the price for this system flaw! I think AirAsia could check whether I have redeemed the meal or not from the system during check-in and just give the damn pre-booked meal when we want to enjoy it from our way back. The worst part of the personnel on the other line, who is like any other "customer service", like to use "it's our company policy, miss" and all those crap!

In the end, I lost RM75 for fuel, RM6 for the meal which cannot be enjoyed even on the way back, and RM10 cancellation charge.

MORAL of the story:
(1) Never book your meal online, you will never know what will happen;
(2) Never buy your ticket too early (e.g. free ticket), in the end you lose even more because now without fuel charge (those who bought earlier, no refund on fuel charge) and better promotion packages;
(3) If you have to cancel or change flight, make sure you remember the 48-hours-before policy of AirAsia;
(4) Kill your brother next time if he does that to you again!

7 Comments:

Blogger Voltboy said...

Point No. 4 is scary 0_0

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy Don't fly Them....you get what you pay for??????

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not touch them with 20 foot pole......

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

600 85 9999 (Premium Customer Service Line), cheating money. Wait for half an hour, nobody pick up

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried calling few times their Premium Customer Service Line and the average waiting time was 15 min, that's 10 USD per call!!!!!
AirAsia customer service sucks.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fucking tony fuck pahamin fuck mahathir,there all blood sucker

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to fly with AirAsia, but our training institute only allowed us to choose AirAisia just because it's cheap while in reality it doesn't.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home