<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Bon Odori - 16/7/2005

Monday, July 18, 2005

Bon Odori - 16/7/2005

Last Saturday, I have gone to Bon Odori at Matsushita Sports Center with my close friends - Kok Yung, Tow Guan, Woei Ming and Chee Wei. This is the first time I arrived at Bon Odori so late. Normally, I will be there when the sky is still visible without lights on.

In Bon Odori (summer dance festival), there is this giant stage in the middle of the field, where girls in yukata and guys on drums are on it. Everyone then encircles the stage to perform the four dance pieces, sort of like line dancing.

When we (Chee Wei, Woei Ming,Kok Yung and me)arrived, Tow Guan has already enjoyed his share at the dance field with Alan and GF. So, we are into the second part of the dance then.

I have been missing this event for quite some time. It has become somewhat unfamiliar and a sudden strangeness occured when an unfamiliar song played from the amplifiers. Indeed I have noticed a marked change in the third dance piece, where the song has not been able to live up the spirit of the dance. Now I know, I have left the event for so long.

Anyway, I think the guys were crazy about the photo taking with the yukata Japanese girls. I felt indifference about it. So long I enjoyed the company whom I am with, it doesn't matter.

We had fun that night. Surely, we could have more outings so I could pen down the event as a memobila for my adventure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a fan of tap dancing and I would like to know where to meet similar people. I've joined this site (tap dancing) and would like to know of other sites.
Thanks

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home