<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Wedding dinner

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Wedding dinner

I am glad that my classmates have not married, or invited me for wedding, just yet. If not, I don't know what to say.

Indeed, I have attended my colleagues, even boss' wedding recently and the year before, and more to come as well. The norm of these ritual is that I need to prepare "Ang Pow" for the dinner.

The routine of wedding will start with a reception. The best reception I got was that you could win Magnum number with the registraton. I guess it's for promotion, but at a wedding? How unusual!

What I find annoying about wedding dinner is that you will need to sit with some strangers and talk about work. That would be the last thing on my mind!

"Yam Sheng" (cheers) is something that you can't miss in a chinese wedding dinner. The louder it goes, the more face it gives to the host. Why is that? I really don't know. Maybe the louder the merrier?

Marriage is about moving on with the person you loved most. Wedding dinner is just a formal reception to announce to others that these two love birds are ready to take a big step in life. It's a tiring event.

So, who says wedding if for "just the two of us"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home