<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Revisiting Penang in June

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Revisiting Penang in June

Weather was hot. It is even hotter in Penang.

I was there this time taking another method of transportation to Penang. Not only that is the surprise, but that I and a colleague, Meei, had to work in Penang Mapex 2005, which was held at PISA (Penang International Sports Arena).

It's the second time I am off outstation on duty. My first was in Ipoh August last year. This year, I was off to Penang. Actually, this was my first visit there, on a plane. Was quite excited. How's Bayan Lepas like?

When we touched down in Penang, straight away crab a cab and zoom we are off to PISA for our first official duty in Penang. We met Hanny, our local colleague there.

It's like a gathering of all developers in Penang market. We too went around to survey some of our competitors' products in comparison to our new product in Bukit Gambir, located near USM. Yes, Penang has its own crowd. At least the people who came into this venue were genuinely looking for houses.

Here, we have got full support from HSBC. Gary and Chuah were there full time to assist in our sale. They have been a great help! Thank you!

After work, Meei and I went back to our hotel for our shower and our dinner near McCalister Road. I vividly remembered this place because my ex-neighbour has brought us here before some years back. Ah, from the hotel, you could actually sense the smell of Laksa, fried kuey teow and all the delicious local delicacies of Penang. Find no more, let's feast!

After two nights there, I began to feel bloated. Putting on weight has been the easiest thing for me.

I understand from Meei that her sister has a dim-sum shop, which is quite famously known. So, why not pay a visit to her. After all, her sister is my classmate's mom, what a coincident! I think with the delicious dim-sum, it certainly creates a name for it! Yum~

I did some walking the first night. I managed to walk from our hotel to the end of McCalister Road, and turn back to a small alley where there is 濟公廟會. Performance with dance and singing were held. It's odd to see folks of our elderly were presented for the show. Maybe it's a culture of Penang people, which I do not comprehend.

Second night, Meei's friend, 瑞泉, came by for a visit. Well, actually to put a night. He was a friendly typical Penangite, who is kind enough to buy us breakfast. I understand why my friend has fallen for him. He's just being nice.

It's an experience. To me, Penang people are friendly, and always on the move to eat!

Welcome to Penang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home