<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Nagano: home to Satoshi

Friday, May 20, 2005

Nagano: home to Satoshi

Yup. It took me another 5 hours to arrive at Nagano to meet up with Satoshi, whom I met at Kyoto with Mo, the Canadian. I was quite thick skinned when I asked whether I could come to put a night there at his place. Being typical Japanese, he reluctantly agreed.

He came to pick me up at the station. We chatted and I am delighted to see him again after my 2-week escapade to different part of Japan.

His house was near the mountain, where his family has a small vegetable and paddy farm there. I wonder how it looks like?

It was embarassing because I have come to his place uninvited. I feel so sorry for Satoshi. His mom welcomed me to their home and I felt great. She even brought out cookies and served tea though it's late at night.

I know Satoshi was tired as he was preparing for exams tomorrow, military entrance exam, so I heard. Not sure how he did, but I could see that he is a determined boy.

Takano family house is big, it houses eight people, including grandparents, mom and dad, three siblings, including Satoshi. The older brother left the house and live alone. Anyway, what I mean was the house is big and with a small garden in front. Pretty!

Nagano is known for its snow capped mountains. Here is the fact of the Japan Alps: The name was popularized by the Rev. Walter Weston, who explored and wrote about many of these soaring peaks in central Honshu. Long favored by mountain and nature lovers alike, they offer a variety of sports from hiking, trekking and rock climbing to skiing. Alpine flora abounds in the warmer months. The mountains range from 2,500m to 3,000m, although the highest peak, Mt. Okuhotakadake reaches 3,190m. Facinating place indeed.

Will explore the places more tomorrow. In the mean time, thank you Takano okaaasan for the warm hospitality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home