<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Meeting Machiko and Big Buddha

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Meeting Machiko and Big Buddha

Has been emailing Machiko for around 4 years now. It's the time to give a visit to this dear friend whom I have met on the net. Yippie.

Since there is time, I have taken a detour to Kamakura. This stop was an unplanned one, I was quite excited about it. Kamakura is a place for worshipping the great buddha and the kuan yin deity. I was a bit late to go into the statue to see what's is in it, as it was almost five when I got there.

It was another rush to meet Machiko. It was already late when I got to the Odawara station. To add salt to the wound, I have got off at the wrong station! We were supposed to meet at Starbucks at Hiratsuka station, not Odawara. Oops, sorry for being late. I think she must be really upset, as I know that Japanese people hate tardiness.

As the night is getting dark, and Machiko's house was far away, I have the priveledge to ride on a taxi. The taxi special. It has automatic door, which opens and closes itself. And the best part is that, you don't have to flag down one.

Anyway, arriving at Machiko's place was thrill. Her dad was cooking some bamboo shoot stew. Delicious. We had SEA mango for dessert. The dinner went on fine. I love her aunty as she is chatty and friendly, and always trying to give me things, which I think it's not nice to take. Eventually, I took a pair of blue shades. Thank you very much.

I am glad that Machiko has a new boyfriend from Belgium. Had a little chat with him. He seems friendly. Really hope that she will be happy with him.

Looking the photos that Machiko had. It was like magic. How a little girl, who was so adorable that has changed into an overnight fairytale of a young Queen Amidala with a little pricess? Psst... she still keeps her figure. Amazing! From then, I have decided to be on diet, well, almost. Her daughter is as cute as her mother. Cute!

From our conversation and Machiko's tired look, there is a sudden sadness I felt. I believe too much work makes a person dull and lost the dynamism. From then, I decided to be as cheerful as I could and never let anything to be in the way to upset me. Never! Machiko mo ganbatte ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home