<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Fuji-san indeed beautiful

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fuji-san indeed beautiful

16.5.05

Catching a train to Hakone station from Osaka took me around 2 hours. Then, had to hop onto a local bus which drives up the hill to my guesthouse, Fuji-Hakone guesthouse. The journey took 1 hour + to get there. It's a long long journey as I witnessed it from dusk till night fall.

Catching a bus uphill, I met up with four lovely middle-aged housewives, who were on a getaway trip together - Tatebayashi, Chigiro, Kazama and Nigishima. It was nice to have their company and we have dinner together at this "asian-like" cuisine dining restaurant. How unusual! We chatted happily with some delightful moment from the host too. It was a wonderful and fun evening. And I too got a souvenir bookmark from the host too.

We then parted separate ways, as these ladies were of a different lodging. I am glad to be back to a cosy room for a rest. It's a long day, there is little to do but to recollect my thoughts and also catching up with the local TV programme.

Tomorrow, I will be going to the outdoor onzen (spring bath), naked.

17.5.05

Well, wide awaken with the beautiful sunshine. My room was facing the east side, where I could see bamboos outside. Despite the cooling weather, the sun is still hot too. Have to get out for a nice warm bath at the outdoor onzen.

The onzen is full of the volcanic mineral. I dipped in with my toes and I can feel the heat beneath me. I then took off my clothes, leaving nothing on, out in the nature and enjoying my hot bath while embracing the cold weather. It was an experience. Bear in mind that it is not suitable for a long dip, as too much blood circulation will kill you. So, I got up and took a seat. I felt tired.

After recharging, I got back to my room to pack and leave for hill. Today's weather was perfect. From there, I took the ropeway to the mountain. From afar, I could see the beautiful mount fuji, standing majestically with snow caps on. Stunningly beautiful.

With the ropeway, I got to a place called the Owakudani, which is famous for its volcanic steam. For Japanese, they have this yearly pilgrimage here for a taste of the dark egg "kurotamago" for health. The eggs are cooked with volcanic steam fulled of sulphur, which makes the egg black in colour.

From the top, Mount Fuji is visible. It is like a fairy land hidden underneath the clouds.

Take another trip down to Lake Ashi-no-ko with pirate ship. Crusing along the lake is astonshingly exciting, especially with the green hills with clean blue water set as a backgroud of this awesomely beautiful scenery. How I wish time could freeze then.

At the exit, I got myself a quick lunch and head on to the checkpoint exhibition too. There, I could see that every part of Japan you go, you need to have a passport to cross the border of the prefecture. It was for control purposes, I think. Now, the checkpoint was no longer in use.

With the greens here, I also experienced walking through the thousands-year-old cedar trees. The trees are maturedly grown and it serves as a shade during hot season.

Looking on to the lake and Mt. Fuji, I am glad that I have witnessed the true beauty of Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home