<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Home to Yamaha

Friday, May 20, 2005

Home to Yamaha

Rushing from Tokyo to Kyoto took me about 4 hours. Half day already spent on train.

Not wanting to carry my huge luggage with me. I left my luggage back at Kyoto station and separately packed my stuff for two days up the mountains. I am going to the Alps of Japan this evening.

Before that, stopping by at Hamamatsu, the home to Yamaha. I got to know Yamaha when I was still in primary school. Though we have motorcycles by Yamaha, it didn't occur to me that it's of the same brand. To me Yamaha was related to music. How naive I was then.

It was a place introduced by Mr Singh during my first encounter with him at Kansai airport. I have given it a thought and so here I was.

I remembered Hamamatsu well, especially when I stepped out from the station at around 1:30pm. It has this oval bus station. Uniquely designed. I wonder who came up with the idea?

Not much time to spare, I went on to the tourist information counter to get what I need and moved on. I managed to cover only the sand dune and bus tour of the hanamama lake. Nothing special to me. I thought after meeting with a Brazilian who lives there for five years, it would be interesting. Maybe I was on a rush and didn't enjoy that much.

On the bus ride back, I saw Yamaha's factory. I was thrilled and finally able to capture the Yamaha which I have wanted to.

I left Hamamatsu at around 4pm. Not having fond memory of this place. It's just a journey to the ordinary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home