<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Tokyo: what do I see

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Tokyo: what do I see

Tokyo, a metropolitan of 12.36 million people, 10% of Japan's population lives here.

Today's itenery were as follows:

1) Sony building at Ginza: latest gadgets by Sony that I get to see and touch only in Japan

2) Tokyo station: oldest train station with Victorian influence in its architecture

3) Imperial palace: house the current emperor and the royal family. the most unfriendly park with no refuse bin.

4) Yebisu beer museum: museum of beer making from Sapporo. Nearly got drunk in bright daylight when trying a set of four different beers. Nice to go with smoked cocktails and biscuits.

5) Meiji temple at Harajuku: a mix of the new and old. A street was divided for modern (take no shita shopping district for young) and for the sacred (meiji temple)

6) Asakusa: for its famed lantern masterpiece and senbei

7) Shibuya: loyal copper dog statue Hachiko and fashion district. Got water colour for my brother as presents.

8) Tokyo tower: an orange and red lighted building. Famous for people dating and a landmark for Tokyo. Did not go near, taken picture from afar.

Wanted to go to Tokyo bay but time was running out. There house the Fuji TV station, the famous Rainbow bridge and its by the sea.

I am glad to know that I have traveled in its efficiently subways. I am more surprised to know that even at 10pm, it's more like a rush hour here. I guess people leave from work around 8pm - 9pm. So, it makes sense.

It's really tiring, physically and mentally. I guess, Tokyo, a city where everyone was looking forward to, but me. There is no gold rush and it's so full of people. I wonder how these people survived. I really don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home