<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Childhood Friends

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Childhood Friends

I was having a lunch appointment with my customer at her old-time childhood friend's restaurant. I then realized that looking back, I have no childhood friends, which some of you are reading this would feel sad for me.

It's true, nonetheless, because of the environment I am living in. I was staying in the government quarters in all my childhood years. Mind you, all my neighbours are either Malays or Indians. We don't play together, just normal hi-and-bye neighbours. However, when there are kenduri(s), we were invited to join in for the sake of being neighbours. Even for the primary school friends come and go (I was a transferred students from other school), so, not much friends to make along the way.

How I wish I have some childhood friends to exchange ideas with. It would have been nice to have them around when you most needed them.

For you who have any, please cherish them, as they are just as good as gold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, we are in the same boat. i was born in israel, when i was 4 moved to boston, at 7 moned to nyc, at 14 moved back to israel, 17 to miami, 18 to brazil, 19 back to miami, 22 back to israel and yet again in 2 weeks back to miami... as you can see there is no real way to have REAL childhood friends. to really have a best friend it takes years and if i only knew that when i was younger i wouldnt have done such a grand mistake.
i really wish i had a best friend to talk to, share laughters on a deeper level, id do anything to go back in time

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home