<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Signage: A Symbol of Identity

Friday, June 06, 2008

Signage: A Symbol of Identity

Signage: A thing that people usually take for granted, but complain a lot when it has not one.
Signage: An important tool to lead you to where you want to go, and make that decision whether to proceed or not.
Signage: A thing that people rely on to be remembered or a sense of identity.
Signage: An image foretell.

I was visiting my customers, whose specialty is in signages. I must say, with their current product portfolios, they are serving a really niche market with high taste of luxury that bring a new light to the signage industry.

I was wondering while looking at their products. I was at awe. How could a small insignificant product as a small sign dictates an importance in the whole pictures in the operations.

Say for example, a door sign that carries your MD's name is just on a plain paper and stick to the door. What does that tell you? Cheap and penny-pinching philosophy? Or just a make-shift office? A building with no signages, is it abandon or what? And, if you are travelling on unfamiliar road, do you look for signages to guide you to your destination, or you just simply wondering around, figuring it out yourself?

After having these thoughts in my head I realized there is more to a simple signage. So, next time, I will think again for how a simple signage would make a big difference. Because signage is truly a symbol of identity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home