<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Surau, be quiet

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Surau, be quiet

Recently, my neighbourhood Surau has started operation, especially it is in time for the Ramadhan. Last Friday, when the Surau is in operation, I had a shock of my life when I was awaken by the loud sound of some Ustaz singing away in his prayers in the middle of the night. My gosh, the loud speakers were so loud that I leaped from my sleep that very instant! I wonder if a person with a weak heart could take it.

I have read articles from our Muslim friends, Ustaz or the religious teachers, and understood that the Islamic religion is about tolerance. It is unacceptable that this practise of intolerance could happen in beautiful country such as Malaysia. I am in doubt of the sincerity and the practises of such unbelievable means.

But after that night, the Surau seems to quiet down from its regular piping. And I am really appreciate what our neighbour Malay community has done to make it work for everyone. Thank you for your consideration.

Besides, there are already three to four Suraus with great loudspeakers that alarm everyone every morning in the vicinity, why add in another which create not music but noise to everyone around the vicinity? To me, practising a religion is between you and your God, not about "bragging" it out loud to everyone without much consideration to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home