<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Graduation & Convocation: My Version (or Everyone's?)

Monday, August 22, 2005

Graduation & Convocation: My Version (or Everyone's?)

2005: a year of my friends' convocation.

To me, convocation is something way way too far away from the point I am at. Suddenly, I feel so uneasy being in this school-thing anymore. So odd, and yet so familiar at one point of time. Am I missing something?

I had total 5 graduation ceremonies. One in kindergarten, one in primary, one in high school, and the rest were my college and university. Well, to be frank, none of these ceremonial events mean anything to me. To me, it's just a proceeding of marking an end to a great adventure in that particular academic institution, and farewell to these people whom I have shared great laughter and enjoyment with. It's a happy event though. It's not an end to the life journey, just that particular moment.

My graduation was just a normal one, presumably, the same as the others who BTW reading this. Parents/ guardians were there, sitting behind the backbench looking on. Graduates in front with their graduation cap and gown on. (Why do we wear a Cap and Gown for graduation? read more ... http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/graduation.asp) and the once-in-a-blue-moon chance to meeting with the chancellor, who happens to be either a political personnel or a royalty. Graduates would then be singing the national, state and school anthems. And the ceremony of giving out scrolls will be in the process. Of course, special awards come in and speech by grauates representatives, bla bla bla ... In a think tank, the most profitable persons in this whole convo would be the florists and the photographers.

Nonethelessly, friends would be waiting patiently with flowers and presents outside the hall, and shouting at your name once you come out, and hugs and kisses would be exchanged. Of course, photo session is not to be missed. How touching, you would say. Yes, I must admit.

Maybe there were too many of them at one go. Nothing interesting enough for me to look forward to. But, to look at the satisfaction smiles on my friends' face, it's priceless.

Really looking forward to some extraordinary convocation or graduation ceremony. In my dreams, perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home