<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: "May I be of service?" - Professionalism in service industry

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"May I be of service?" - Professionalism in service industry

The word professionalism is not something new. People now called themselves "professional" in a sense they could provide you somewhat magical solutions that works wonders, yet with dedicated professionalism and service.

Just as why Magical Kingdom of Disneyland in the U.S.A. can be so famous for, not only for its rides, but also the people that they have. Even the cleaners too can be a single-handedly be the most customer-oriented person who gives tip-top customer service. Magic!

Whenever one greets, "May I be of service?", or even "May I help you?", how often do you find these service personnel who are sincerely offering their service, or at least show the interest into your concerns? I mean in Malaysia, seldom.

When Malaysia is quoted in one of the billboard I saw, it spells "First World Infrastructure, Third World Mentality", I just can't help but laugh to how true this statement could be, yet embarrassed the same time. Professionalism in service needs first world mentality person to deal with. Seriously, we need to be educated.

Transforming from a manufacturing-based country to a knowledge-based economy would mostly indicate quality service. Courtesy and sincerity are the keys to its success.

The next time you are engaging a service provider, make sure you know that they are aware of the manner to handle you. With smile, they serve you with. Importantly, provide solutions that are win-win to both the provider and the buyer.

That's what I call professionalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home