<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Ancient Philosophy and Methodology of Chinese

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Ancient Philosophy and Methodology of Chinese

My colleagues like to share some of these Feng Shui insights with me, especially using techniques acquired from the over-exposed Lillian Too, or 28-year old self-ventured feng shui master Joey Yap. But I find these to be overwhelming at times.

My mother used to take up I-ching 易經 classes, which I think it's quite amusing to learn. To me, I-ching's philosophy centers on the ideas of the dynamic balance of opposites, the evolution of events as a process, and acceptance of the inevitability of change.

These ancient philosophies and methodologies depend on our destiny. We can use other charms or amulet to change what is not in favour to us, even our future course in life. Understand feng shui, I-ching or palmistry, for that matter gives us a piece of mind and to understand ourselves better.

However, when everyone starts to interpret these metaphors lightly, or even follow it blindly, things will be getting out of hand. Just like our Chinese-dialect-speaking grandmother who believe in superstitious, tend to fall prey of misunderstand the whole idea of this wonderful thought of work.

Do it with care. Believe its positive note, discard or overcome its negative implication. Then, these philosophies will provide the insights that one is hoping for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home