<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Hari Raya Celebration

Friday, November 04, 2005

Hari Raya Celebration

This morning seems to be a fine day for Hari Raya visiting. It is just as fine as my feeling and mood of today's Raya celebration. I am just so thrill to be somewhere where I could celebrate this joyous occasion with my mutual friends.

I drove to Shah Alam specially to visit my friend, Faeza, whom I have acquired during my accquaintance at Sunway Damansara, a place near IKEA. She is very hospitable and amiable host. I am stuffed with her home-made rendang, ketupat (with daun ketupat) served with kuah kacang, carrot cake and some other delightful delicacies, which you can only find at Malay homes. I am very enjoying myself very much. Thank you Aunty for your wonderful dishes.

With her relatives (uncle, auntie, cousin, cousin-in-law and niece) coming from nearby neighbourhood to celebrate with them, the whole environment becomes so alive! I am thrilled to be part of it, as if I am part of the family too. We have great laughs, and happily filling in each others about the latest happenings and exchange ideas. That's what I call the Raya spirit. Guess what? Faeza's dad gave me a Raya packet, and I am more happy to know that I am still young (for Malay tradition, only non-working youngsters get Raya packet). Thank you, Uncle!

Instead of leaving Faeza at home, she and I made a surprised visit to Kalsom's place that afternoon for lunch. Kalsom lives in Puteri Subang, a stone throw away from my future home. She served us lemang, chicken rendang, serunding (dried sautied meat), nasi impit, and mihun hailam. The food is incredibly delicious. From my conversation with Faeza, I realised that Kalsom does catering before. No wonder her food tastes so good!

Hari Raya has been a distant celebration for me, as I do not have many malay friends to celebrate with. I am glad that Faeza has invited me over brunch to get to know her family and her tradition. Happiness has been shared with me, and in return, I intend to return them a favour by asking them to my place during Chinese New Year.

Thanks, Faeza and Kalsom for the warm hospitality. Wishing you a happy Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home