<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Happy Deepavali!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Deepavali!

Deepavali is a great celebration that our Hindu friends celebrate. It's a festival of lights when everyone in Malaysia celebrates it, not limited to just our Hindu friends.

Today is a good day to celebrate this exciting event as it brings joy and happiness to the families I have visited as well as my own family. The weather was fine, the people are lovely and amiable. Just can't wait to be visiting all day!

We started off to our next door neighbour to have a breakfast opening for this Deepavali celebration. My dad brough along champagne, a gift from his friend, now to our host of the day on this joyous occassion.

Next, my brothers and I were off to Prema's, my lovely colleague from work. She has this best meal cooked awaiting for me, which delighted me the most. Simple dish and the company you are with: Priceless! I brought along a sparkling juice and a decorative present for her. I hope she likes it. We have fun chatting, and my god, my brothers were so into the movie, Pattiyappa, and if it's not for Prema's visiting relatives, I think they will still be glueing to the box set.

In the evening, we went to Kumar, our dear colleague from the project department. With the hospitable, Latha- Kumar's wife and his two children, daughter (11 years old) and son (14 years old), we are being at ease in a complete strange home. It was our first visit there, and a first time hosting for Kumar as well. I must say, we have been well received and I am glad that he invited me to his lovely, nicely decorated home.

Deepavali to me is a time to think of how to fill an empty stomach to the maximum capacity. The food was so delicious that I got so full and could I hardly move. Hahaha.

I still think that Deepavali is a joyous moment to spend with family and friends. How I wish there are more Deepavali to come.

To my Hindu Friends, Happy Deepavali!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home