<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Okonomiyaki Dinner

Monday, March 27, 2006

Okonomiyaki Dinner


25th March, a fine Saturday evening.

I was invited for Okonomiyaki dinner at my friend, Mr. Sasaki's resident.

Initially I invited my two beautiful colleagues, P & J, unfortunately, I was given the impression last minute that there might be more exciting activities that left them no choice but to forgo a prior appointment with me with a cancellation notice.

Note to self: never to invite them again.

Luckily enough, my best friends - Raymond & Soo, came with me to this wonderful dinner.

Upon arrival, we were introduced to a new friend, Mr. Yamasaki from Hiroshima. He was busy preparing the cabbage used for that night in the kitchen. As guests to this delightful dinner, we just helped to settle the table, and of course some minor stuff around. Around eight o'clock, the feast began!


Okonomiyaki, a traditional dish famous in the Kansai area (West of Japan)


Though with limited Japanese language, the dinner discussion went on just fine.

It was a great dinner. I was very pissed drunk! Beers & 3 bottles of Wine! Not even to Sake just yet. I am not an avid drinker, like Japanese, guess, I won't turn into one either. Social drinking serves me just fine.

About the Okonomiyaki, it is of Osaka-style. Mr. Yamasaki of Hiroshima wanted to try on the Hiroshima style, but the powder mixture was too thick for that. Therefore, Mr. Sasaki (the host) decided to go along with the Osaka-style. It was fun. I hope my drunk look didn't embarassed anyone, for I really do not remember what I have said during our course of dinner. It was fun, and I feel so sorry for not being able to help out with the cooking nor the washing. But hey, since I am a guest, I think it's not such a bad idea to steal away sometime to relax.

Overall, I must thank Mr. Sasaki for inviting my friends and I to this wonderful dinner; of course a chance to get to know new friend, Mr. Yamasaki. I must say that the cooking was really delicious. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you very much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home