<bgsound src="http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2BFBCGCPAD" > My Big Big Adventure: Sushi Dinner - Nori-Maki

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sushi Dinner - Nori-Maki


Two handsome gentlemen to have dinner with...my pleasure


I love sushi. But a home-made one is my very first time. All these, thanks to my dear friend, Sasaki for being a wonderful host and made it happened on 27th May night. I am so grateful to his kindness and hospitality.

Frankly speaking, the portion both of them have prepared can really stuff an elephant (too much exageration, I think, hahaha). Speaking of which, we have nori (dried seasweed), sushi rice, nato (a kind of sticky soy bean), spring onions for garnishing, sashimi including the costly uni (urchin), abalone, ika (squid), amaebi (shrimp), suzuki (seabass) and maguro (tuna). The mixture of the ingredients bought by Sasaki, I must say, sumptious and delicious!

Sumptious and delicious sushi dinner at the cosiness in a home

When he told me the price, I was so embarrassed. (sorry, my friend, to have cost you a bomb for the simple dinner). However I appreciate the attention and the wonderful dinner that night. Thank you once again!

Though a wonderful dinner, but my dear host was not at his top form. I think he was quite worn-out due to his tennis matches (full day!) I hope he is well and healthy. Do get some rest and gokurosama deshita.

This very night, I have the pleasure to share some insights with new-kid-on-the-block, Kei (he is the same guy who did the first round of Okonomiyaki dinner last time). Glad to have him back in town. To let you know, don't play-play with this high achiever, as he is not only dedicated in his work, but other aspects too, like drinking. No wonder Japanese are known to be strong drinker!

I did have an enjoyable night with these two wonderful people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home